Dr Evelyn is an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) registered with Dietitians Australia. In addition to her dietetic training, Evelyn has a Masters in Molecular Microbiology, and a PhD in Immunology. She has also undertaken additional trainings in chronic kidney disease and gut health having completed Monash University’s FODMAP training for Dietitians.
Dr Evelyn combines her skills and experience developed over the years to translate scientific nutrition information into personalised and practical dietary advice for patients. She understands that making changes to eating patterns is easier said than done. Her aim is to bridge the gap between where patients are and where they want to be, walking alongside, motivating, and supporting them along the way.
Dr Evelyn has a keen interest in chronic kidney disease/ kidney impairment, and she works with patients from stage 3 onwards (blood test result eGFR<60) to preserve their kidney function via tailored dietary support. She also provides personalised dietary advice on diabetes in a kidney friendly manner, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and other gut health issues, heart disease (high cholesterol, high blood pressure, fluid retention), and weight management. She can cater for those who wish to communicate in Malay and Mandarin during consultation session.
Evelyn provides tailored dietary support on:
- Chronic kidney disease
- Preserve kidney function
- Manage potassium and phosphorus levels
- Delaying disease progression
- Stabilise blood sugar level
- Help prevent microvascular complication
- Increase insulin sensitivity
- Support kidney health
- Gut health and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Reduce symptoms such as abdominal pain, gas, reflux, diarrhoea and constipation
- Heart disease
- Reduce cholesterol and blood lipids
- Reduce blood pressure
- Reduce body weight
- Fluid management
- Weight management
- Weight gain for clients who are underweight
- Weight stabilisation for clients that are unintentionally losing weight
- Weight reduction for clients that need to lose weight
You can access Dr Evelyn’s website https://www.rainbownutritionanddietetics.com/